Like most people, I hate setting New Years Resolutions. They just set you up for guilt and failure. I don't need any more of that, ha ha!
That said, there are a few practical things I just want to grow in:
- Making sit-down meals (and finding new meals!)
- Getting together with different wives/moms and just learning what I can from them
- I've done 4 days of shredding. I am sore. I'll leave it at that!
- Sending hand-written cards (this also involves learning how to encourage people)
- I'm starting my Spring cleaning now so that hopefully I will be done in time to enjoy Summer!
January 9th marked the beginning of everything busy for us again. I love the first 2 weeks after Christmas because all the hustle-and-bustle is over and nothing has started up again.
But alas, the new year is here, and life must go on!
Sunday Morning Adult Sunday School: Going off of the book "r12" (Romans 12) we will be studying what it true spirituality means. That phrase is SO overused these days, I'm excited to dig into both Romans 12 and studying the life of Jesus and how He so genuinely lived out the gospel.
Sunday Morning "Big Church": Pastor Steve is starting the book of John. In week 1 he covered only John 1:1 and John and I both agreed it was absolutely amazing. To think about God's eternality and time-less-ness and to really take a step back in awe of the God we worship is so refreshing... and mind-blowing!
Sunday Night "Night Club": This is a 20's-30's w/ young kids group that will be getting together Sunday nights with the sole purpose of discussing Sunday morning's message. Last week, Andrew shared the concept of worshiping a John 1:1 God. God has given us a glimpse of who He is and what He is powerful enough to do. For us to diminish that power and authority or second guess what He can do (in our minds, of course, we can't literally do that) is creating a different God who is not the God of the Bible.
Monday Night Titus 2: Right now we are going through "The Fruit of Her Hands". I am very challenged and convicted when I read this book. (I can only take a couple pages at a time!) I told John that he is never allowed to read it because then he'll find out how bad he's really got it! ;-)
Thursday Morning Bible Study: This study has rocked my world. Since the Fall (the season, not the garden!) we've been doing Beth Moore's study on the Tabernacle. The concept that God had the Israelites build such a precise structure with exact measurements and instructions for sacrifice in order to worship is now transferred to the same Holy God dwelling in the HEARTS of true believers, once again, blows my mind! There are so many bunny trails off of that one, but I'll leave it there!
Friday Morning MOPS: I have to admit, I'm not head-over-heels for MOPS yet, but it's been really great getting to know other moms in the same place of life that I am. Once I get out the door and have my coffee in hand, I'm glad I went! This last week, they had a guest come in and talk about organizing your life and your stuff. Now I'm slowly working on it... one room at a time!
Loving the Little Years: I just recently started reading this book and am loving it also. This book has 2-3 page chapters which makes it a very easy read but challenging at the same time. Currently, I am beginning to realize that my attitude - good or bad - is very much reflected in James. How can I ask him to be patient for his gold fish when I am not being patient with him walking over to the table? ...Quick little life lessons like that!
Whew! I think I'll raise a few kids and keep a house in order in my spare time, too! ;-)
1 comment:
Have you tried a crock pot? It's my best friend, I joke. I love being able to throw things in it and not watch it all day, and then when you've had a crazy day or have been out all day, you have something hot to come home to. I feel like I am cheating when I use it, it's so easy.
Post a Comment