Friday, January 7, 2011

First Trip With Both Boys

My first trip out of the house with both boys was fairly uneventful, but notable.

I planned a trip to Target to take back a few things (Newborn diapers for one!). I thought this trip through. I was going to put Nate in his car seat in the kid-seat of the cart. James would sit in the cart-part. I would need to park next to a return cart thing so I could load James, Nate, my purse, return diapers, and return items without having to lug them all in myself.

All was going well. Loaded the kids in the car at home (learned just how long it takes to get ready, packed, and loaded to go anywhere!) and we took off. I pulled into the parking lot and got a great spot next to a return cart thing.

Then I realized it was POURING down rain. I don't know how in the world I hadn't factored rain into my planning! The carts were dripping wet and if you know the Lake Stevens Target, unless you have a handicap parking pass, you are going to be walking!

I sat in the car for a few minutes debating if I should just turn the car around and go home! Then I realized this is my new life... it takes forever to go anywhere, ordinary things like going to the store are now more challenging, and I get to start being creative and super flexible... you know, like a mom!

I loaded up everything and everyone in the soaking wet cart and ran into the store.

The End.

No comments: