Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Bees


We've had so many bee stings in our house recently. Last week, James and Nate were both stung within seconds of each other while they were swinging on their swing set. 


James' lip swelled up like crazy and I, being the best mom ever, took really good care of them and snuggled them until they both stopped crying couldn't stop laughing at them.



Trust me, I really wanted to be a fantastic mom, but the giggles got me. Every time I walked over to try to comfort James and his lip, I had to turn around and walk in the other room so I could laugh without scaring him with an unsympathetic mother.


They told me all about payback though....




But wait, there's more!

Over the weekend, Nate was stung 2 more times. Once on his ear and the other on his belly. (If you're thinking to yourself - come on Amy, watch your kids already! Please remember, this is Nate. Mister Mind-of-his-own/In-his-own-world Nate. And he's super tough!)

By Sunday morning, his ear was huge and swollen. We may or may not have referred to him as "Dumbo" that day. All in love, of course!


It's kind of hard to see how swollen the ear was, especially with blurry iphone pictures, but it was definitely abnormally large! He's a trooper!




3 comments:

Carol Blanchet said...

I was stung on my arm in the garden yesterday. :-(

If you put vinegar on a cotton ball right on the sting - it helps to draw it out.

But - you know - you might want to keep an epi-pen in your home - looks like he might be a tad more allergic than most. Just a tad!
Love,
Carol

Amy said...

Great idea, Carol! I googled ideas for the sting, but I like the vinegar suggestion. Thanks! :)

Joy said...

Bahhhh!!!! I love when James asks if you can see it on his lip. Wow. I was cracking up!