Tuesday, July 9, 2013

James and the Giant Moth


 This is James.


James hates bugs. He screams when they come close to him. He either screams because he's afraid, or he screams because he wants to scare them away. It's his own version of "shoo fly".


A few nights ago, the kids had been asleep for a while and John and I were downstairs. Out of nowhere, we heard a bloody-murder scream come from upstairs. We raced up the stairs and found James in the bathroom weeping because he saw a moth on the door. I grabbed James to calm him down and started telling him everything I knew about moths so he wouldn't be scared. John caught the moth for us and everyone was happy.


James went back to bed and we went downstairs again. After 45 minutes or so, we headed to bed and stopped in to check on the sound-asleep boys. They were sleeping great and didn't stir at all when we kissed them goodnight. We started laughing to ourselves about James' heart-stopping screams and John very quietly (and completely joking) whispered - "Hey James, there's a bug in your bed". James sat bolt upright, said "WHERE??!" and started frantically trying to get out of bed.


I guess he wasn't so sound asleep after all! James understands joking and teasing pretty well so it wasn't a big deal, but we were dying laughing!!






No comments: