Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Lake Chelan - Part 1


I LOVE this part of summer. The busy part. The part where you go on vacation, come home and unpack, then re-pack a few days later and leave again for another trip. There is always something to look forward to. (Also, I really enjoy packing. It makes me happy.... I get that from my Dad!)  Last July and August, I was wicked sick with Bethy, so we didn't get to have the usual "busy end of summer". This year, we have lots of plans. Starting with last Thursday - Saturday:

Thursday morning, the kids and I drove over to Chelan to meet my parents, Keri, and the girls at Wapito. The drive was good and the kids did really well. In the 3 1/2 hour drive, we only had to make 1 stop, but that one stop made the trip almost 45 minutes longer than driving straight through!

When we arrived, we all headed down to the beach right away. Grandpa got out the sea-doos and we took the kids for rides.


I set up the pack-n-play in the shade by the beach and Bethy slept the entire time. I almost wanted to join her, it looked so comfy!


After the beach, my mom watched the kids while Keri and I visited the Chelan farmer's market. Eh... it was a little too granola for me.  ;-)

The kiddos got early baths, a movie, and then an excited bedtime right after Uncle Brian showed up that night.


For having 5 kids and 5 adults in a little condo, I think it went really well. My kids slept in Grandma & Grandpa's room and I slept on the couch.

Here's the "kid table" for meals:


Friday, we first headed out to the pool.


My parents have owned time in these condos for 20 years now. It's weird bringing my kids to swim in the pool that I grew up in. We have lots of memories here!

Brian & Kenley

Grandpa & Nate

Fearless Claire

Love this picture!

I decided it's great to vacation with Grandparents... my mom always volunteered to wait with Bethy while she napped and feed her, change her, dress her.... I was pretty much the secondary caretaker!


Auntie Keri & Bethy (sorry kid, that sun is bright!)

Grandma & Naterator

I insisted that the boys took naps on Friday because I knew they'd be spent after all the activities. 


Nap time games.... I learned a new one - Rummikub. I'm kind of addicted now. I just have to get over losing every single game. 


Kenley and Claire played with stickers - I'm pretty sure at least a few of them ended up as band aids on their dolls!


After dinner mini-golf:



The littles hit the balls around for a while, but then were distracted by the swings....




Nate, on the other hand, was very focused. He ditched the putter pretty quickly and opted for the "drop into the hole", "kick wildly", "throw", "kick softly", and "roll the ball with his hands like a car" methods.


Our brave climber - Nate.


Oh, hey, look what we played after bedtime! Guess who lost.....






2 comments:

Keri Ronk said...

Love everything about this! You did a MUCH better job at documenting our trip!

WHENEVER you want to play Rummikub again I am game!!

Amy said...

I'm in! I've been practicing on my phone.... ;-)