JANUARY GOALS RECAP:
- Work out (gasp!) ...I'm not setting a specific amount here on purpose. I know what I need to do, it's just time consuming, so I wanted to get credit! Lol. -- Success! I have a new app I’ve been using to track calories in and calories out. It may not be the best way to do it, but I’ve been loving the accountability and visual reminder.
- Implement dates with the boys. John and I have both talked about wanting to spend more one-on-one time with the boys (especially Nate). I'd like to become intentional with at least once a week, taking one boy to run an errand with me or hit BK for an ice cream. -- Fail. We pretty much just did our usual routine and took the boy/s if it was convenient.
- Go to the Library. I don't own a library card, but I should! -- Success!
However, I wasn’t super impressed. Maybe when the boys get older it’ll be a
cooler place.
- Deal with the pictures on my computer. I have so many pictures, it's slowing down my whole computer. (I even just had to pay for more storage with blogger.) I'll move the pictures online to Shutterfly and since I'm still in the middle-technology-mostly-trust-the-internet-generation, I'll also copy them to DVD's and put them in the safe. THEN I can start deleting from the computer. :-/ -- Fail. But, in my defense, about 1/3 of the way through the pictures, I realized I downloaded them to Snapfish instead of Shutterfly! I have 7 more months to load and I'm caught up.
- Pray for John, the boys and their future wives every day. (The boys', not John's!) This sounds stupid and I almost didn't add it, but I like to keep it transparent here. I don't do this like I should... yet. -- Success-ish. I definitely didn't remember every day, but most.
- Have a play date with someone new. I have a couple moms in mind! -- Success! Technically, our play date was this morning in February, but it was planned in January.
- Arrange childcare for our Sunday night connect groups - soon! Last session was pretty "fly by the seat of your pants". Next session begins on the 15th. -- TBD. Because of the snow and super bowl, groups have been thrown off a bit. Five high-schoolers have volunteered to help every week, so that is a HUGE blessing that has been set up already!
- Have a great 30th Birthday celebration with John!! (OLD MAN!) -- Success! It was way better than I had even planned!
FEBRUARY GOALS:
- Organize our
bathroom drawers, the downstairs closet, and the office.
- Organize garage as
much as I can do. I need John’s help with this, but he’s a busy busy busy man! I’ll
wait my turn, but keep it on the list!
- Be out of bed by 6:45 in the morning,
except Saturday. It’s really not that
early, right?!
- Fix 2 new meals.
I’m actually starting to like cooking, so this’ll be fun… :-/
- Write a card 1x a
week. This will be the toughest one for me. I always hear something in church
or see someone briefly and think I should write them a card, but never get
around to it. Hopefully this will help remind me!
- Eat vegetables with
lunch at least Monday – Friday. This sounds silly, but S.S. posted a good
reminder about eating veggies all through the day. Why not just make them part of the meal like I do with dinner?
- Donate 5 toys. It
is SO HARD for me to get rid of the boys’ toys. If you've been to our house, you know they have buckets and buckets
of toys, but I generally remember who gave them everything and it’s some sort
of emotional backstabbing to give the toys away! I’ll start with 5… we’ll see
how it goes from there!
- Read at least 1
book every day to the boys. I asked my oldest sister, Tonia, for her best piece of
“kid advice” a couple years ago. She said to read to them every day. This one’s
for you, Tonia!
Also, unofficially, I want to look into gardening this month. John bought me one of those awesome upside down tomato planters for Christmas and a friend has really inspired me with how easy container gardening can be. I'm a total newby with this stuff, so research should be fun!
Happy February to you!
And may you eat many cupcakes with an angry face, just because you can!
1 comment:
Yay for veggies! You are awesome posting your goals!
Post a Comment