Tuesday, January 24, 2012

John's 30th


I'm pretty sure John had a great 30th Birthday celebration. If not, then he'll need to find a new wife that will do better! (KIDDING, KIDDING, KIDDING!!!!!!)

Friday night, I told John that I wanted to take him out for his birthday. We hadn't been out in a while so it was a great cover for my real plan. We dropped the kids off for the night at Grandma Sheri's and I told him I really wanted to go to Seattle. I'd been home for a week with the snow, I haven't been to Seattle in a while, etc.... it was a quick sell.

After driving around and chatting for a bit, we finally decided on Northlake Tavern and Pizza. (I know, Mom, I went to a tavern. :-/  ) Actually, it was the best pizza I've had, maybe ever. John said that it was one of his dad's favorite places to go, so it was fun being there.

Generally, whenever we're even close to Seattle, one of us will throw out that we should stop by 13 Coins, so it was no big deal when I asked if we could stop by for a drink since we were in the area. We love the atmosphere in the lounge when they have their live music Friday & Saturday nights. Hmmm... I'm getting lost in thought just thinking about it! That was an awkward sentence.

Anyway, long story short, I had planned for about 14 of his closest friends (I know, 14, really? I guess that includes wives...) to meet us at 13 Coins and hang out for the evening. IT WAS PERFECT. John was completely surprised. At first, he was really put off that all of his friends had gotten together and not invited him, but then he realized what was really going on.

We didn't leave until around 1:30am and I still only took 2 pictures. Both pictures are blurry and completely awkward. I'm counting on friends to hand over the good pictures they took someday!

Reed and Katie. Love.... as in, I love Katie.

See. Awkward much? Don't tell Scott I put this on here.

Last night, John's mom and family took us out to Ixtapa for birthday dinner.

Hehehe.

Back at home, we did cards, presents and cake together.

James had fun showing Daddy the card he had decorated.

I wrote down exactly what James wanted to tell Daddy in his card. It's a little repetitive, but so darn cute!


Boys were very focused on getting that present opened!

For the record, James "blows" out candles with his nose. Gross.


Great Birthday. Great man. Great old man.   :-)


1 comment:

kim said...

That card made me laugh so hard! That is so cute! Can't wait for Job to say cute funny things :) Sounds like you guys had a great night! Thanks for sharing!