Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Success!!


For months we have been working with Nate on signing "please". Ok, maybe closer to half a year. Nate would rather not have the item than say please, but usually, I end up signing it for him and going on with life.

Two nights ago, John and I put our virtual stone-cold-hearts and earplugs in and decided that Nate would not get any food for dinner until he signed please by himself. (Boy, now that I'm writing this down, it doesn't sound great. But really, this kid isn't starving, have you seen that belly?) Nate sat through the entire dinner without eating OR complaining. I think he knew something was up.

Later that night, I offered him some milk in exchange for a "please". With some coaxing, the heavens opened, sent down doves and singing angels, and Nate signed please.

This afternoon, he took off with the pleases. We have a party every time he does it... hence, the clapping in the pictures!


Good Job Natester! We're so proud of you!








No comments: