Tuesday, June 11, 2013
Weekend Without Daddy
This last weekend, John was away for a guy's trip to Montana with our church. They left right after work Thursday and didn't come home until Sunday night. He had lots of fun fishing, sight-seeing, shooting, and doing other manly stuff like that.
I'm not an experienced husband-out-of-town person, but I figured if we kept busy, the weekend would fly by... and it did.
We started with an impromptu trip to Lake Stevens. We drove by the beach after going to the gym that morning and the sand and water looked so nice. So, we stopped by the house for some lunch and sun screen then headed out to play.
The boys started with their bubbles, then moved to the sand.
I couldn't get a picture with my phone, but there were 3 eagles circling the lake the entire afternoon. They are such majestic birds and the boys had a lot of fun talking about their "creature powers". (Wild Kratts anyone?)
Bethy slept while we played in the water.
The boys played "sea turtles".
I realized about half way through the afternoon that this was not the quick trip to the lake I had planned. I probably should have packed their swim gear and extra clothes... but they didn't care. I'm pretty sure you could build a sand castle in my car with the amount of sand that they brought home with them!
The boys also loved walking around the dock. It was beautiful - until 3pm when the pot-smoking Jr high and High schoolers, and the old perv looky-loo invaded the shore.
The boys spent the night with Grandma and Grandpa that night.
Friday morning I took Bethy to her 3 month doctor appointment. After the appointment, we picked up the boys and they took an almost 5 hour nap at home!
Saturday morning we headed to the gym, then after naps I took the kiddos out for dinner at one of my old favorites that John won't touch - Alfy's!
James kept asking to sing "This Little Light of Mine" at dinner. Good thing we were almost the only group there!
Sunday after church, I took them for frozen yogurt at "Uncle Josh's Yogurt Shop".
Nate showed us his SAD face:
And his HAPPY face:
And his "Mom, do you want to see what is inside of my mouth Mom? Do you, Mom?" (enunciating each syllable):
After James woke up from his Sunday nap, we were taking funny pictures...
when all of a sudden, James remembered he needed to get his sunglasses out of Dad's truck. James has a very responsible personality, so sometimes the smallest things can turn into a big worry. (For example, not letting the cart roll away in the parking lot is always a big concern!) This face captures his expression perfectly when these "problems" come up! Love that kid! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment