Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Beginning of Summer


Summer is kind of here. Sort of. I don't know, when do you actually begin Summer in Washington? Anyway, with the exception of a couple days, we've had some pretty great weather here.


I need to pick up a sprinkler or a kid's pool soon. This day, I was just dumping water on the boys' heads... they loved it. 


Nate could/does spend hours playing in the gravel outside the back stairs all by his lonesome. The tractors are always busy "working really hard" on something.


And look! We planted a garden.

Well, kind of. See that topsy-turvy tomato grower? Yes-er-ee, we are now proud owners of the tacky garden on a string. But let's be honest, I don't have the space or dedication for a real garden at this point. So we'll see if this thing is really is fool proof... 


And remember the deck project we started last year


It's just about done. We've taken the hot tub out, re-decked, painted, latticed the bottom, built a pergola, hung and wired speakers, bought all new furniture, brought natural gas out to the grill and fire pit, and flowered and tiki torched it up. (And when I say "we", I mean "John, with a lot of moral support from me".)


We love sitting out on the deck almost every night now. It's nice to have this project just about crossed off! 



1 comment:

Keri Ronk said...

I love your deck! The hard work totally shows! Great Job John (& Amy)!

And that buckets of water thing is hilarious! Come play at our house next week!