Sunday, November 27, 2011

Second Child Syndrome?

In the last week or two, John and I have been noticing how demanding Nate has gotten. I recognized James' attitudes immediately when he was younger, but Nate still seemed like a baby so I would just give him what he wanted to keep him happy.

Suddenly, Nate knows exactly what he wants and thinks it's perfectly acceptable to throw a fit to get it. It is so not ok for a kid his age to be throwing fits already, so John and I are tag-teaming teaching him "please" ASAP! Now, I totally recognize that Nate isn't a helpless baby and is fully capable of having a "happy heart" - as James says.

He hasn't signed please on his own, but I can tell he's starting to pick up what will and what won't get him his way! Lots and lots of consistency and patience and we'll get there.....  :-)





No comments: