Saturday, November 12, 2011

November 6, 2011

Sunday morning we participated in the Pancreatic Cancer Awareness 5K. This is the 2nd year that the Carruthers family has done this walk. Last year I had just had a c-section and John was away at Men's Retreat so we weren't able to go but, the walk was a lot of fun and I'm really glad we could do it this year. Go team Wally!!

Getting ready to walk - it was sunny, but SO cold!!


I'm not sure how many people attended this year, but there was a huge crowd and I know they raised around 90K.

About half of our group got separated in the beginning of the race. (Including my children whom I love and adore and would never lose.) So, Uncle Reed and Miss Katie pushed the stroller the whole time!

Hi boys!

The path was absolutely beautiful. We walked all through Magnuson Park in Seattle right next to the water.

One of the best parts was getting to Skype with Becca after the walk. I was sad she couldn't be there, but I'm so glad she could be there in spirit!!

Hi Auntie Becca!

Group photo with almost everyone!

No comments: