The second time around I stocked up on diapers (you will need several boxes!) and breast pads if you're using disposable ones, so Matt didn't have to keep running out the the store every few days!
I agree on the sleep thing! Though, I got to start sleeping a whole eight hours at about two months.
I would get some healthy snack foods and bottled water. When I was feeding Merian every two hours at night, I would wake up *starving* and nursing made me SO THIRSTY. Have a granola bar and some water by your bed waiting.
Also, and this might be too much information, I would take all the special underwear (you will discover how glorious they are) and pads you can find in the hospital, but buy a package of the super heavy overnight pads for the first few weeks.
Finally, get some green cabbage and nursing cream. The cabbage really helps w/soreness and engorgement. (I know, freaky stuff, but it's not freaky when you're there) :)
Enjoy every moment with John. Take a walk together or sit and talk together, specifically enjoying the time that it's just the two of you. A wonderful change is coming but don't forget to take in the wonderfulness of just you and John. Dave and I did this and I have the sweetest memories of it.
This blog post freaked me out. You kinda sound like you are about to go up in front of an executioner. :) I haven't had my baby yet, but here are some of my suggestions...
1. Go up to the nursing room at church one last time before you have James. That will be the last time that you aren't really allowed to be in there. Come on it will be fun. :)
2. EAT AS MUCH AS YOU CAN. When are you gonna have this chance again to gorge yourself without guilt.
3. Say goodbye to your chest. It will never be yours again (I know that was probably too much, but Leila wrote about pads! :))
I have more, but I'm choosing to use discernment. :) I love you
7 comments:
The second time around I stocked up on diapers (you will need several boxes!) and breast pads if you're using disposable ones, so Matt didn't have to keep running out the the store every few days!
try to sleep as much as possible! Rest, rest rest! If you are nursing, it will be a full year before you get to sleep in again!
I agree on the sleep thing! Though, I got to start sleeping a whole eight hours at about two months.
I would get some healthy snack foods and bottled water. When I was feeding Merian every two hours at night, I would wake up *starving* and nursing made me SO THIRSTY. Have a granola bar and some water by your bed waiting.
Also, and this might be too much information, I would take all the special underwear (you will discover how glorious they are) and pads you can find in the hospital, but buy a package of the super heavy overnight pads for the first few weeks.
Finally, get some green cabbage and nursing cream. The cabbage really helps w/soreness and engorgement. (I know, freaky stuff, but it's not freaky when you're there) :)
Enjoy every moment with John. Take a walk together or sit and talk together, specifically enjoying the time that it's just the two of you. A wonderful change is coming but don't forget to take in the wonderfulness of just you and John. Dave and I did this and I have the sweetest memories of it.
This blog post freaked me out. You kinda sound like you are about to go up in front of an executioner. :)
I haven't had my baby yet, but here are some of my suggestions...
1. Go up to the nursing room at church one last time before you have James. That will be the last time that you aren't really allowed to be in there. Come on it will be fun. :)
2. EAT AS MUCH AS YOU CAN. When are you gonna have this chance again to gorge yourself without guilt.
3. Say goodbye to your chest. It will never be yours again (I know that was probably too much, but Leila wrote about pads! :))
I have more, but I'm choosing to use discernment. :) I love you
Go on a loooong, really fancy date! :-) ...it could be a while
;-)
Thanks everyone! Awesome suggestions!
Post a Comment