Tuesday, August 18, 2009

35 1/2 Weeks


Wow... where have these weeks gone?! I guess I have exactly one month today until the presumptive due date for our mystery man (on a rather large, evil sounding, pipe organ: "dun dun duuunn")!

We had a Dr appt today where we got to do an ultrasound to see our little guy! He's looking quite healthy at about 6 lbs and 13" long! Ok, we really have no idea how long he is, but my guess may not be far from accurate with the Carruthers/Ronk genes!

In other news, sometime between 11:30-1 last night, baby man decided to do a loopty-loop and do the breech thing for a while! (John suggested that this indicates he's going to be the kid in first grade that decides to give himself a haircut or something the night before picture day - just because he can!) I'll have another ultrasound next week to see if he's moved back into launching position, and if he hasn't, we'll schedule a c-section or try to turn the little bugger (ouch)!

The ironic part about this is that I have said from day one if I could schedule a c-section right now, I would do it in a heartbeat... and now that it's an option, I'm kind of torn! There are definite pluses and minuses for both choices! I guess we'll wait and see what this little man does in the next week!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, time sure flies when you're NOT the one who is preggy! Can't believe you're in the final stretch! How exciting :)

Keri Ronk said...

Amy, DO NOT just schedule a C section. Trust me. The recovery is HORRIBLE. Horrible. Seriously I am still hurting really really bad.

Amy said...

Malerie - no kidding! It's absolutely flying by!

Keri - you crack me up! I know not to ask you about c-sections! Hope you're feeling ok today!

bean said...

Hey, Amy! Here I am to be an annoying church lady (giving you unasked for advice). If you want any tips on flipping baby-man, let me know. I think I found every. single. technique. And I tried all but burning incense by my pinky toe. They obviously didn't work for me, but Hallie was the toughest kind of case - she'd been Frank breech the whole time, never flipped. Baby Man might be easier to convince.

And the turning attempt that OB's do (external version) is not *that* painful, just totally freaky and weird.

And a c-section is not a super-fun party, but in this case, you would not have been through a difficult labor and 3 hours of pushing...and most people do not have the horrendous recovery that Keri did. (Sorry, Keri - still praying for you!) My c-section was about the same recovery as my delivery of Maggie, so who knows.