Best text of the day from one of my youth girls:
My birthday fell on a Saturday this year. John is working Saturdays right now and my parents had the kids from Friday night, so I enjoyed my coffee and a beautiful, relaxing morning on the deck with Hugo.
I met Mom & Dad and the kiddos at the Snohomish Bakery for a late morning breakfast - where they all spoiled me!
Then we took a walk down by the river.
The kids picked flowers for me. :)
They also made my favorite - cherry chip cupcakes.
And Grandma helped them make cards for me.
Nate:
James:
Bethy:
When we came home, it was time for naps and Bethy wanted to snuggle. :)
James woke up early from rest time, so we sat on the deck for a while and chatted - and took selfies.
When John came home, we drove out to one of our birthday restaurants - Duvall Ixtapa.
And to top off a great birthday, the sunset was beautiful... "Like, really really beautiful". (John likes to make fun of my love of sunsets.)
I had such a great day. I had to purposefully not get super thoughtful or reminiscent about turning 30 because it's just weird to say I'm not in my 20's any more. I know intelectually that 30 isn't very old, but I still have clothes from high school, it seems like just a couple of years ago John and I were getting married, and when I look at my 5 1/2 and 4 1/2 year old, it almost seems like a dream - I'm not old enough to have school-age kids!
I feel overwhelmingly blessed in life right now and I am so thankful that God has put us right here. Here's to another 30! ( But more than that would be really great too! :-/ )
No comments:
Post a Comment