Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Youth Camp 2013


Last week ended up being much busier than we had planned. Our church held their annual summer camp at Alder Lake State Park down by Mt. Rainier Monday-Saturday. Alder Lake is a little over 2 hours away and is a beautiful lake. And bonus - I love Mt. Rainier!!

Not my picture - stole it from here.

A few of the leaders were using our camper for the week and John offered to drive the boat for a few days... So, after a busy weekend in Chelan, a late night driving home on Saturday, an early morning for church on Sunday, and no naps Sunday afternoon, we hopped in the truck to drop off the road-show down by Mt. Rainier.   {But remember, I enjoy packing and road trips way to much - so this was great!}



Nate was out by the time we reached the gas station. James and Bethy kept each other company.

I just realized this picture shows James using Bethy's pink blanket. I want to assure my husband that they only traded blankets for 10 minutes while Bethy ate her dinner. My boys do not use pink.  ;-)


Unloading Sunday evening - the boys were really confused that WE weren't camping in the camper WITH the other guys!


We ended up hanging out there until almost 10... which put us home a little after midnight on Sunday.

On Wednesday, my parents watched the kids for the day while John and I drove down to camp with Mike. Mike is a friend who graciously volunteered to drive his boat for the day also. I rode on the boat with Mike and we had fun tossing high-schoolers around on tubes.


We had a couple great groups of teens that day. It was a blast watching them.


After watching everyone have fun all day, I hopped on the tube in my jeans and t-shirt with the girl on the left of this picture. Mike gave us a crazy ride, but he was true to his word and didn't dump me out!


On Thursday, Reed (John's brother) and his wife (Katie) were supposed to come down and drive the boat. Reed was unexpectedly needed in Alaska for work, so John, Katie, the kids and I drove down for the day so John could drive the boat for the afternoon.


The kids all ADORE Auntie Katie.... ok, so do I!  :)


The boys spent some time driving the boat with Dad.



Later at the campground, they found the sand. Boys love their dirt!



Friday, the kids spent the night with Uncle Dave and Auntie Kim. The plan was for John to drive down to the lake around 1 and Katie and I would pick up Reed at the airport and come down to camp for the night around 5. At 4:45, we were stuck in horrendous Bellevue traffic, John was barely coming into downtown Seattle, and we got reports that it had just started raining at camp. We called it all off and met at the Rock for dinner instead!



No comments: