Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Easter 2013


Easter in March snuck up on us this year! We did Easter baskets in the morning before church. I agonized (with what coherent thoughts I could pull together in March) over how to make the Easter baskets have meaning. How do I center them around Jesus and what a great celebration this day is? At the end of the day, I decided to make it like Christmas for our family. We like to give gifts because God gave Jesus to us as the greatest gift. The actual items in the basket don't really matter, it's the meaning of the entire day as a whole.


In their baskets I put sunglasses, play dough, stickers, a mini-Hulk, Spencer and Harold, and some eggs filled with jelly beans and bunny crackers.

Not to out my children or anything, but..... James had been asking for the Spencer train for a while. When he saw it, he nonchalantly said, "oh yeah, that's the one I've been wanting." Nate saw his Harold the helicopter and was really excited and said, "thank you, Mom!". We're a work in progress...  :)


After church, we went to Sheri's for feasting festivities. It was a beautiful day.



It's the season of little boys picking all sorts of flowers for their mama! I have some beautiful half-dead dandelions in a cup by the sink right now.... and I love them.




Grandma Sheri got the kids huge Easter baskets filled with all sorts of goodies.



Bethy even got a basket - with help from Miss Alexa and Auntie Katie.


Then Uncle Taylor hid Easter eggs for the boys to find. They were real hard-boiled eggs and we couldn't find 3 of them... I hope someone has found them by now!


And then my camera died........ but I'm pretty sure all I did was eat and feed baby the rest of the afternoon!

The boys were OUT within 5 minutes of leaving Sheri's house.


I still do a double take when I actually see pictures of the five of us - it feels like pregnancy and surgery happened a lifetime ago - are there seriously three little people there?!


Hope your family had a great Easter celebration as well!



2 comments:

Carol Blanchet said...

LOVE that Easter family photo.
You all are pretty darn cute! :-)

Amy said...

Aw, thank you Carol!