I'm officially in my "late 20's". Although, I'm still barely 28, so I'm definitely closer to 25 than 30.
I had a great birthday last week. It was on a Thursday so the day was pretty normal with the kiddos. Well, normal, and extra-productive. For some reason I was extra motivated when John left in the morning (maybe because I'm getting older and the end is near...). I painted Bethy's whole room, cleaned up gross-dog-sickness-aftermath, and a few other things all before the boys woke up.
That night, we all went to dinner at our favorite Mexican place in downtown Everett. We sat down, ordered drinks, and then in walked Brian and Keri and the girls! I'm pretty sure they were stalking us....
We had a fantastic birthday dinner together. I haven't laughed that hard in a while! I think Keri got some incriminating pictures of me with the sombrero, but this is the only one I got:
John doesn't necessarily enjoy shopping for gifts, and I really do, so I've spent the last two weeks or so slowly depleting our bank account for "my birthday". My mom taught me well that as long as you have a label for something (birthday, Christmas, back-to-school, upcoming vacation) it's totally legit!
However, the two best gifts I could never get myself this past week: (wait for it........) John built a second set of shelves for the garage AND I just found out that they're turning our closest Starbucks into a drive-thru. Happy Birthday to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment