Monday, April 29, 2013

Bee-t Down

(I know, I know, such a clever title!) ;-)

This afternoon I was feeding Bethy when James started screaming (like a girl, if I'm being honest) that there was a bug on his sock. He stomped around until it came off then climbed on the couch with me. The bug was a big bee that couldn't fly for some reason.

I was about to tell Nate not to touch it when I realized the boys better learn to kill bugs for Mom someday. I told Nate to stomp the bug as hard as he could.

Nate was TOTALLY into it! He started with stomping then grabbed a train track and started going to town. After about 2 minutes of this bee getting the beat down, we flushed his still-moving body down the toilet.

That was probably the most awful bee-version of cruel and unusual punishment... But Nate is the MAN!!