Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas Lights

John and I have been married 7 1/2 wonderful years. We have lived in a house for about 5 of those years and I have wanted Christmas lights on my house for about 7 1/2 years - give or take.

With our last house, the roof lines were crazy tall and after a couple frustrating hours of 32-foot-ladder-climbing in the wind and rain.... let's just say that the lights never got up.... And I didn't ask for them again.  :-)

Well this year, the boys LOVE looking at all the Christmas lights, so John decided to attempt them again. (Thank you children, I will pay you later.)

Our first try was with icicle lights - it was a no go. And we gave them away immediately.

Next try was red and white bulbs.... with great success! So, while our Christmas lights aren't entirely fun and whimsical, and our roof line isn't the greatest ever - Christmas lights are up and they were well worth the wait!!





No comments: