I'm not much of a crafter or decorator - so when I finish a room, it's a pretty big deal. If you haven't been to our house, the playroom is actually the formal dining room off of the kitchen. I've never done anything to the room so it's been an eye sore in the downstairs for quite a while!
I (of course) didn't take any "before" pictures, but this was the closest I could fine - just plain old tan with nice wainscoting on the bottom.
Ta-Da - Some paint, some pictures, and some rearranging. (Sorry about the lighting. We haven't replaced the awesome 90's chandelier... isn't it sweet!)
My favorite part of the room is the artwork display. I got the idea of using cheap Target curtain rods and clips from Pinterest. The rods are already pretty filled up with Preschool and Sunday School art, but at least it looks like it's supposed to be there!
Next project (after the kids' rooms) is turning the awkward/non-functional "formal living room" into a movie room.... But that's John's deal. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment