Monday, January 23, 2012

2012 Snow

Beginning January 13th, we had the coolest weather in the Great Northwest. I love love love the snow and stormy weather... Especially since we were still able to get around in our cars and we weren't affected by the power outages.

Backyard view of the sunset before the storm. 1/13/12

1/13/12

Snow begins. 1/14/12

1/14/12

1/15/12

1/15/12

1/17/12

1/17/12

1/17/12

1/18/12 Evening. I love the foggy-orange of the sky.

1/21/12. The sad remains of melted snow.  :-(

It's hard to see, but the weight of the snow crushed all of our blackberry bushes to ground level. Usually we can barely see the second story of the house on the left and we can't see any of the other houses.

More blackberry bushes at almost ground level.

It was a fun week. I'm sad it's over.

If you're wondering why there are no pictures of the boys.... Tuesday night, John was working late in the shop, so I spent 30+ minutes getting all of us dressed and ready to play in the snow. We walked down the stairs into the back yard and I set James down to stand in the snow. He immediately started crying because he was getting his "pants dirty". I didn't set Nate in the snow because he didn't have snow pants on.

So, picture me already flustered by the amount of "getting ready" time. On one hip, holding an already chubby and wiggly Nate wearing a huge poofy snow coat. On the other side, holding James (in all his layers and snow gear) under his arms, his legs dangling. Insert Hugo running laps around us trying to play in the snow. And walking as quickly as possible down the slippery hill to the shop. That was our snow experience!




No comments: