Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy Birthday!



HAPPY 30TH TO JOHN!



I'm so thankful for my man this morning and I am totally blessed to get to share life with him. We calculated earlier that we've known each other for at least 12 years now. Almost half of both of our lives!


Thus far in the morning, celebration has not stopped a less-than-average day!

Yesterday and today, poor Nate has been sick and covered in hives. This morning, he woke up with his eyes nearly swollen shut. Poor kid.  (On a side note, Benadryl helps every time, but is there something more I should be doing? He hasn't had any new foods or a temp, so I'm just chalking it up to him being Nate and having all the bad luck in the family!  :-/ )



Then, we went downstairs for breakfast and discovered Hugo left me the nastiest mess I've ever seen. I'll spare details.

Later, James discovered how to "tidal wave" in the tub. John will be so proud..... I'm washing towels now!



The boys are also sick and whiny. I've repeated "The anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God." a couple dozen times so far. Then, I'm reminded of my own whiny-ness with God. Then, I have a better attitude. Then, boys are cranky again.... And the cycle repeats itself!

Not trying to complain. It's just been a tough morning! Especially for a BIRTHDAY!! I'll laugh about it later......  :-)


Back to JOHN'S birthday, I have also created a new tradition in our home! Some mothers spend hours on birthday cakes and let the creative juices fly year by year. (Not to name names, but you know who you are!!) I now do the same, except with a little less tact and a few more colors and sprinkles. I mean, look at those diligently contoured letters. And, oh! The spacing of the handcrafted words... The sprinkles on the side of the cake.... The 3 candles because I don't have 30! You would think it was a store bought, right?




Enjoy John's birthday day! Time for me to go work out.... by myself.  {Is that an angelic chorus I hear in the background?}


1 comment:

Terri said...

Amy, I didn't know you were so funny! I didn't see all that humor at home. Is that what marriage to a 30 year old man has done? lol