Saturday, September 6, 2014

VBS 2014 - July 14-18

I had heard about how much fun VBS was for a few years now, but my kids were never at an age where it was practical for us to be involved. This summer, we got our chance!

After the first day, I was exhausted and realized I got in WAY over my head. But when Friday came around, it felt like the week flew by and I was so sad to say goodbye to these great kiddos.


I helped in the 1st/2nd grade class with 11 kids. They were such a blast to hang out with!




My favorite part of the day was song time - first thing in the morning. These kids went crazy for the songs and motions.

And you dance. If you don't dance you're the weirdo!


It's a wild thing to be a part of an entire church filled with little kids, teens, and adults jumping and dancing and praising Jesus! Something I'll never forget.



Everyone's favorite: "My Lighthouse"  (Even just saying that phrase gets the song stuck in my head!)


I accidentally deleted the picture I had of my group (grrrr...), but this is the 1st/2nd and 2nd grade groups doing their final day performance for their parents.


Then there was the amazing Pre-School program that James, Nate, and Bethy were a part of. These ladies are saints.



The little kids got to participate in the song/skit time first thing in the morning, then Miss Lisa did an age-appropriate lesson, craft, snack and game time. The kids had such a great time at VBS!




They even had professional photos taken for the kids to take home.




This was definitely a week to remember. We can't wait for VBS 2015!

No comments: