{ I have at least 2 months of summer posts to catch up on,
so it doesn't seem like Fall can be here yet!! }
Today James had his first day of Pre-K. I've always scoffed at the idea of Pre-K, but John suggested looking into it after he saw how much the boys loved our little preschool group the last couple years.
It wasn't super emotional day for either of us. I am excited for the new adventures school will bring for James, and I've always viewed him as a man, so this is what men do. ;-)
Plus, it's only 3 days a week... 8 hours a week total. Just enough to ease us all into this school thing!
| Waiting in the car for the 12:15 start time! |
On our way home from dropping James off, Nate whimpered from the backseat: "Mom, I miss James-bug." Then he immediately switched to happy Nate: "But Mom, you know why I don't miss James very much? Because you and Beps are with me!"
I got to spend some time playing with Nate while James was in school. I can definitely tell he's not used to being the only child while Bethy naps! He can't wait to go to Pre-K with Mrs. Benjamin next year.
We heard bits and pieces of James' first day all evening. He has a new friend named Ethan, but the guy in the yellow shirt bugged him, and the guy in the red shirt was already 5 years old... there are probably 10 kids in his class, not exactly sure, but probably 10... the sand in the playground is the best - all the important things in Pre-K!
| Telling Grandma all about class over Face Time. |
I'm so proud of my James-bug. He walked into class this afternoon, talked to the teacher for a bit, then found some Legos and didn't even notice when we left. He's going to have a great year with some fun new friends!
{James wanted to take this backpack picture for Auntie Kim} :-)
2 comments:
Auntie Kim LOVES the backpack!! Thanks getting such a good picture of it James.
He looks so grown up!
Post a Comment