Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Alder Lake Youth Camp 2014 - July 26-Aug 1


One of the highlights of the last few summers has been helping drive boat for Northview's youth camp.

Alder Lake has definitely become one of our favorite lakes in Washington.


We took the kids down to camp a day early to set up the boat and camper and let them camp out for a night.  




It's John!


I think this will be the last year they all fit like this!

On Sunday, we took the kids for a drive through Mt. Rainier National Park up to the Paradise Visitor's Center. I've made it pretty clear that I *love* Mt. Rainier, so being right at the base of the mountain was a real treat.


 

From the Visitor Center, you could see groups of climbers headed up the mountain. They had a long way to go!


Scheduling for the week of Youth Camp is a little tricky because John still works most of the week. Sunday night we drove home and Tuesday afternoon we all drove back for the day. John drove the boat and I played at the beach with the kids.




The kids had so much fun playing with their favorite babysitters at the beach!



After dinner, we took a group of the younger camp siblings for a boat ride. They all jumped in the water and James jumped right in after them!


We drove home Tuesday night, then the kids stayed with Grandma and Grandpa Wednesday and Thursday so John and I could stay at camp and be a little more helpful!

And by helpful, I mean.... suffering for Jesus in a boat all afternoon. It was true sacrifice.  ;-)





Camp worship and teaching. We had front row seats from the camper. 


We loaded up the boat just at sunset. It was magnificent. 


Once again, we can't wait for next year!

1 comment:

Keri Ronk said...

I want to squeeze Bethy! Her pigtails are way too cute!