Thursday, August 9, 2012

July Recap - Part 1


Well, it has been a busy and relaxing and exciting and disturbing last month here at the Carruthers home. Sounds fun, huh? I'm just going to start where I left off..... 4th of July!

We started the holiday with some yard work. The boys were so helpful carrying around my rakes and yard tools. James even wanted to wear his gloves so he could be like mom.



4th of July evening we spent at John's mom's again. John spent months getting together about a gazillion less-than-legal fireworks and was very excited to blow things up.


Within the first half hour, Auntie Becca had some fun with Nate. I think the look suits him.


James loved playing football with Uncle Dave.


Brothers... White shirts on Carruthers boys at a Carruthers event = Was I crazy?


I just like this picture of Nate.


This next picture is record of a parenting fail moment. The boys discovered they could reach the dessert table early in the night and had been sneaking all sorts of goodies the entire evening. Later, I caught Nate  mid-grab going for a cookie. At that same moment, someone I hadn't talked to in a while walked up and started talking to me. So, I'm standing there, stolen cookie in hand, talking, and Nate starts to scream for the cookie. Not wanting to interrupt the person who was talking, I handed the cookie over to Nate and let him waddle his way over to Aunt Bambi. Screaming wins, worse things have happened....  :)


James didn't want to be outside to watch fireworks because they were "really loud" so Aunt Kim found a special spot on the chair where James could watch from inside the house. Such a nice Aunt. I don't think I'm that sympathetic!


Sleepy and sugared up Nate opted to sleep upstairs through the fireworks.


It was the best show yet. John outdid himself again. I swear one of these days someone's going to loose an arm!





** Thanks for the extra pictures Aunt Kim!  :) **

No comments: