Friday, August 17, 2012

Blackberry Picking


The blackberry bushes behind our house are just starting to ripen so the boys and I headed out to do some picking/pruning the other day.


I was really impressed with how quickly they caught on to choosing only the ripe berries. Within the first few minutes we had a good bunch of berries.


Then Nate, in true Nate-form, saw those beautiful berries sitting so nicely in the bowl and decided it would be way more fun to grab two heaping fist-fulls and throw them in the air like confetti.


Shortly after picking up most of those berries, I asked James, Mr. Responsible, if he would hold the bowl for us so Nate couldn't dump them out. He agreed and when I wasn't looking, he started filling up his empty water bottle with the berries from the bowl. He assured me that we could get the berries out at home.... but squishy, juicy berries aren't really my thing.


Next time, the boys get empty water bottles to fill up with whatever they want. And I keep the bowl of ripe blackberries out of boy-reach!






1 comment:

Keri Ronk said...

I didn't know it was time for blackberries yet! Yay! I will have to go check ours!