Saturday, June 23, 2012
A Late Happy Father's Day
This year's Father's Day was pretty low-key. I'm lucky to have a guy who doesn't want anything but to hang out with his family all day.
We were joking because I feel like the best Mother's Day would be a day of pampering all by myself. But John's ideal Father's Day is a day full of family and doing whatever the boys want to do. I think he wins the "more godly" vision for this round. ;-)
We had lunch with my parents and B, K, K, & C-Lo. Then spent the rest of the afternoon running errands and hanging out (and working a little!).
A little bit of James-throwing.
Nate didn't want to be left out of the action.
And to end the day, John promised the boys they could watch a train movie on his phone before bed.
When I married John, I knew he wasn't the biggest fan of other people's kids (in the best possible way!), but that someday he would be the best daddy. It's so much fun to see how he really is an amazing dad with our boys.
I love that he teaches them to be manly men (at one and two!).
I love that he's an example of a hard worker and faithful husband for them.
I love that he has nothing but patience for the boys and their endless chatter.
I love that he loves Jesus and seeks His will above all in our family - James already walks around the house telling me that "Mommy and Daddy LO--VE Jesus".
John = Best. Guy. Ever.
Happy Late Father's Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment