This is a story of how sweet God is in the little things. It feels like every few weeks I get in a funk with being a mom - housework, parenting, teaching, organizing, you name it. I'm not crazy or moody, I just want time for myself and everything is getting in the way of my selfishness! (The nerve.)
A couple days ago, I read the post that has been going around facebook: "How to Miss a Childhood" from Hands Free Mama. Ugh. Super convicting and encouraging. I need to pin it. ;-) I don't know how to summarize the post other than asking: what is more important to me - my phone or my kids.
After reading that post, I decided to get my "intentional mom" hat back on. Now, we're getting into a summer routine - including time for "helping mom" do housework, playing outside every day, and reading together. And more importantly, making the boys and my home the first priority.
Gramma-Three (yes, that's her name!) gave the boys a "My First Hymnal" book recently. We read and sang through one of the first songs that afternoon - "Praise Ye the Lord" and that night James sang himself to sleep. Standing outside his door listening to him sing was such a confirmation that the little things I do every day really do make a difference.
"Hallelujah, hallelujah...... Praise the Lord. That's Elmo's world. La la la la..."
2 comments:
oh my word! That is SO stinking cute!
It's so weird how we can forget the important things in life so quickly! I find myself constantly having to remind myself that what I am doing is good, fruitful, and God honoring. That funk/selfishness can sneak in VERY quickly! Its things like this little video, and hugs, and cute little smiles, and suck that remind me I am nurturing a soul and it's a GOOD thing! :)
Your boys have a great mama! They are SO stinking cute! I love that picture of Nate with the water too!
Okay, I am now writing a book! :) Can you tell I have been struggling with some of the same things too :)
LOL your little guys never cease to make me laugh!!
Post a Comment