.......Transporting.........
We spent Easter weekend in the Northern California wine country with John's family. Sheri recently bought and renovated a condo down there so we were excited to see where she's been all these months!
We left on Thursday and the boys were crazy excited to ride on an airplane. We ate lunch in front of the gianormous window at SeaTac. James and Nate stared and pointed at the airplanes with wild excitement. It was a hilarious sight.
The boys did well on the plane. James was fantastic. Nate was happy - but a bit squawky like usual. Thankfully the people around us were super nice and understanding!
Sheri's condo is beautiful. It's on the corner of a cute downtown area with lots of shops and restaurants that are quick to walk to.
| Sheri's condo is the corner unit of the top 2 floors of the yellow building. |
John and I stayed at the Trendwest condos close by. The boys having breakfast and watching cartoons:
Friday, we took a drive through some windy back roads and made our way to the coast. It was beautiful. I can't remember the last time I saw the real ocean.
We stopped for lunch at Bodega Bay.
| James and John have a thing about opening their eyes. Maybe they were praying? |
This is just for my mom. I'm pretty sure this one is worse than yours... and I didn't think that was possible!
Saturday morning, James got to dye Easter eggs. He was very particular about which eggs were which color. {Color blind} Uncle Matt put the tablets in the cups, so they were a little "interpretive".
Katie, Reed, and Becca all arrived Saturday.
Reed's master plan was to propose to Katie at Castello Di Amorosa so we headed over that afternoon.
| Nate loved shoulder rides from Uncle Taylor. |
Reed asked that Becca and I be proposal-paparazzis. What we didn't expect was a $20 charge to walk through the castle. The four of us ended up "really wanting to see the inside of the castle" (eh) while the rest of the family waited outside.
| Sis-in-laws |
| The view. |
| Paparazzi waiting. |
| And there he goes. |
She said yes! Aren't they cute. :)
Meanwhile, the boys were having fun outside with everyone else.
| Nate is Mr. Adventurous. He's that kid that runs the opposite direction of everyone else. This could be very useful when he's older I've heard.... |
Sunday morning, we went to church with Sheri. Then came back to the condo for an Easter egg hunt and Easter feast.
| Easter baskets from Gwamma. (I don't even get the boys Easter baskets. Is that horrible!) |
Easter egg hunt on the patio.
The boys got some M n' Ms in their Easter basket. At one point in the day, James dropped the candy all over the floor. IMMEDIATELY, Nate sat down and started shoveling them into his mouth. The kid thought he hit the jackpot!
While Nate took a nap, Auntie Katie and I took James to the park near by.
I asked for a cute picture of Mom and Becca... this is what I got.
I also wanted to get a picture of everyone sitting at the table ready to feast. As soon as I started snapping pictures, Reed {somehow???} knocked over his glass of water. It spilled EVERYWHERE. We joke that something like this happens every time the Carruthers try to do something nice. Actually, we don't joke, it's true.
Replaced Reed's cup with a sippy-cup and try for another picture.
After feasting, Uncle Taylor took James across the street for some ice cream.
When they came back, Nate was like, "Seriously? None for me?" I'm pretty sure there were tears involved.
It goes without saying that it was an amazingly fun trip. Sheri even took me to my first ever wine tasting... It felt like the right thing to do in wine country. :-) (I'm convinced she's determined to convert all of her daughters into wine drinkers sooner or later!)
Even now when we tell James we are going to visit Gwamma he asks if we're going on an airplane to Gwamma's condo! I can't wait to go back!


No comments:
Post a Comment