Sweet Nate threw his first tantrum [in a store] the other day. We were in Target and he started to do his usual random yelling. I told him he needs to be quiet and he burst into "no's" and screaming tears. (In all fairness, it was almost lunch time and I ran out of snacks - God forbid.) Thankfully we were very close to the family bathroom by the pharmacy.
We all hobbled into the bathroom. I stood there holding Nate for a while and he got a few swats when he wouldn't obey. I'm sure the entire side of the store heard us. It was a scream-a-thon.
It didn't help that sweet James was standing next to us telling Nate "no crying" and "obey Mama". If I were Nate, that would tick me off too! ;-)
When we finally got ourselves semi-composed, we emerged from the restroom and started getting situated in the cart.
We were almost immediately bombarded by 2 store employees. (My first thought was that they were going to take my child from me and escort me to the back room for questioning.)
"Hi! Oh what cute boys! They are darling! Are they twins? Oh, they are just the cutest boys ever. They must be so much fun.... blah, blah, blah..."
Oh, why thank you. Yes, they are a lot of fun. {HURRY! I NEED TO LEAVE SOON. CHILDREN ARE MELTING DOWN! ARE YOU TRYING TO STALL ME WHILE CPS GETS HERE?}
{SERIOUSLY? I KNOW YOU JUST HEARD THE COMMOTION IN THE RESTROOM. EVERYONE DID. AND THE PHOTOGRAPHY STUDIO IS RIGHT NEXT DOOR. THIS IS REALLY AWKWARD. I JUST WANT TO BUY MY STUFF, LEAVE THE STORE, AND NEVER COME BACK. PLEASE LET ME LEAVE. PLEASE!}
Eventually they let me go - But it was a painfully long sales pitch.
CPS never showed up.
We got lunch at home.
And we all lived happily ever after.....
The End.
No comments:
Post a Comment