Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The reminder I needed today!

"Many years ago I was the busy mother of three children ages four, two, and under one. Life was full, with hardly time to sit down. I was occupied with many mundane things like diapers and laundry and crayons and play dough. Once in a while I would wonder just what happened to my "ministry" that I had enjoyed when I was single and working with a Christian organization. This was simply the very old "the grass is always greener" temptation.

One night as I was washing the dishes, my mind wandered off in that direction. Shouldn't I be leading Bible studies? Shouldn't I be involved in more active evangelism? Couldn't I "disciple" someone? Didn't God want me to do something for Him?

Immediately I realized what He wanted me to do. He wanted me to do the dishes. But still I wondered if there was something else He wanted me to do. And I realized that, yes, there was something else. He wanted me to do them cheerfully."

(The Fruit of Her Hands, Nancy Wilson)

1 comment:

bean said...

i love that. i think about it practically every day. :) btw, your boys are getting cuter and cuter. btw...actually, not btw at all, you have to ask me to tell you something hilarious next time i see you. i can't ever remember to remember anything anymore.