{Disclaimer: This post is dedicated to my dear sister, Becca. I'm sorry you have to look at all these pictures, but we sincerely missed you the
whole time and did
not have
any fun without you. Love, me. :-) }
Ah, Lake Shasta. One of God's greatest and most beautiful creations.... I seriously can't imagine how that place could get any better. Maybe if it didn't turn the inside of our swimsuits red?
Anyway, last week we slow-boat-road-tripped down to Northern Cali to go house boating on Lake Shasta for a week. First of all, road tripping with kiddos is
way better with a camper. I don't think we ate fast food once. Oh, except for that dip-cone at DQ, but that goodness is not something you can duplicate in a camper!
It was
such a relaxing week. I'm feeling extra relaxed on the couch just thinking about it right now! The week consisted of sleeping, eating, boating, floating, swimming, reading, and water-sporting (??). Weather was perfect. High 90's outside, low 80's in the water.
 |
| Stopped at a rest-stop for lunch. |
|
|
 |
| The loverly house boat. |
 |
| James played in the "cold-tub" with Uncle Matt. |
 |
| Long days make for snuggley nights. |
 |
| The first of many games of Jenga! |
 |
| Dancing with Grandma. They were probably dancing to the Eagles. ;-) |
 |
| They were probably not dancing, but if they were, it was probably to the Eagles. ;-) |
 |
| Aunt Tami and Grandma taught James a lot of things on this trip. This is an example of an age-appropriate thing to teach him (shooting water guns into the water). |
 |
| Matt, Sheri, and Devon - our adopted son/brother/bro-in-law! |
 |
| James had a blast driving the boat. |
 |
| This would be an example of a not-age-appropriate thing Aunt Tami and Grandma taught James to do... shoot a water gun at people! (I'm totally kidding, I thought it was cute. But I admit, I was not prepared for my not-even-2-year-old to know how to shoot a gun!) |
 |
| He was pretty proud of himself! |
 |
| Delicious bbq every night. And Eric - the magnificent chef - who looks like he just woke up. He probably did! |
 |
| Nate playing with Uncle Devon. |
 |
| One night, James discovered "falling"? on the beach ball. He'd throw his whole body on it and then laugh hysterically. It didn't really even phase him when he would miss the ball and hurt himself! |
 |
| Someone fed James a brownie (or two, or three). The boys enjoyed picking up every last crumb. |
 |
| Boat ride! Poor kid looks super uncomfortable in that life-jacket! |
 |
| Matt (or should I say, Tarzan, wahaha!) on the rope-swing. |
 |
| Helping Dad drive the boat. |
 |
| Swimming with Dad. And I use the term "swimming" loosely. I'll just say floating with Dad. |
 |
| Our room! Sheri was kind enough to let James sleep in her bed (I think she regretted that decision after the first night!). Most of the time James did great taking naps next to Nate, except for this one day. I came in to find them both laughing at James jumping on the bed and going through our suitcases! |
 |
| Pre-dinner Jenga. |
 |
| It was very serious. |
 |
| And that was the move that sent John for a jump in the lake. I mostly just like Matt's expression! |
 |
| Matt, Devon, and Dakota |
 |
| Hot-tub relaxing. Well, at least it was when the guys were out! |
 |
| James' first purple-head-bump. Ask John how it happened! ;-) |
 |
| James is fully asleep. I think Sheri's leg is too! |
 |
| James' "sun face". Any time it was bright he'd wrinkle up his face and squint. (Hey James - maybe if you didn't break the awesome sun glasses I got you in the first 20 minutes of our trip, you wouldn't have to squint! Love you.) |
 |
| Happy and ready for dinner! |
 |
| More Jenga. I heard it was bad to be on Tami's team..... :-) |
 |
| Matt holding up a beach ball with sheer will-power. |
|
 |
| The 5 deer that came to visit us every night. |
 |
| Ahhhh..... |
 |
| Awe.... |
 |
| A look at the cove where the boat was parked. This is as we were packing up to leave. Boo! |
 |
| My favorite rest stop on the way home. James was too interested in being a boy to take a cute picture! |
 |
| He is so stinking grown up! |
 |
| And absolutely adorable.... but I'm a little biased! |
 |
| Speaking of being grown up! |
|
 |
| Really, James, really? |
5 comments:
How fun! Thanks for posting pictures so I could see your vacation by proxy! :-)
What a fun and relaxing vacation.... but let's just remember that it wasn't bad to be on my Jenga team until after the first several games :)
how fun. I didn't realize you guys were so close to Devon. Did you know he's my cousin (well, his mother is my cousin) We love Devon. =)
Looks like you had a fun vacation!
Awesome pictures! The very last one stole my heart! ;) LOL
Tami - ok, I guess you got better with time!! ;-)
Amy - Now that you mention it, that sounds familiar, but I had totally forgotten! I got to know Devon a lot better on this trip. He's a really great guy!!
Post a Comment