Monday, April 11, 2011

Tulip Run 2011

This last Saturday I did the Tulip Run with Carin and Aisha... and Ethan!

I'd like to really impress you with a 10k, 5k or something really cool and difficult. Sorry. We did a 2-mile run! BUT, that was the first run Aisha and I have ever done and we ran the whole thing. Woo hoo!

Now, once again, I don't want you to think I'm too awesome - so let me clarify: My "run" is a little slower than an average person's normal jog, which is a semi-consistent with a fast-walker's fast-walk. Of course, I also have short little legs and NOT a runner's figure so basically if you put me next to an overweight 6 year old on crutches, I could give him a run for his money!

We all finished in 23 minutes (give or take, the timing isn't super accurate because it depends on where you start). And let me tell you, if it wasn't for those two crazy ladies... and Ethan... I would definitely not have been that super speedy fast! ;-)



On the way home, we took the scenic route and drove by the "tulip" fields. There weren't many tulips but there were LOTS of daffodils. I'm not a huge "tulip gazer" anyway, so this was way pretty too.

No comments: