We went to Trader Joe's this morning... and I got my chance in the dreaded mom-spotlight.
I thought it would be so much fun to have James push the little cart around - he loves pushing things around.
Nope. He wanted to hold his crackers and walk away from me. This meant me pushing around 2 carts while trying corral James and use the right store-appropriate discipline to let him know I was serious.
I thought Nate would sleep if I brought him in with his car seat.
Nope. He was awake and fussy the whole time. Not only that, but his seat took up the whole cart so it was a challenge to stick groceries in every nook and cranny!
Then, the boys decided it was time to meltdown (together, of course) so I hit the registers. James was screaming tired. Nate was screaming hungry. All I could do was laugh and apologize.
At one point I turned around to the half a dozen people behind me in line and said I'm so sorry, we'll be outta here in just a minute! Thankfully everyone was super understanding and empathetic!
Gives you even more respect for moms of twins-plus!
2 comments:
That is so not fun. Once when I was pregnant and quite sick with Hallie, I got myself in a situation where there were no options but to take Mags and Cal to Wal-mart to get my no-yak meds and some semblance of food for them...we were all in dirty jammies and looking horrid and then Cal threw one of his Grade A tantrums while we were in line. The kind where he tried to beat the nearest adult to death. I would quickly push the cart up when the line moved and then move out of swinging range to wait. It was at that moment that I realized that you never really know what is going on with a mom and disobedient kid in a store. :)
Ha ha! That is awesome! It's true, I never dare to judge a mom with a grumpy kid now.... most of the time! ;-)
Post a Comment