Thursday, June 11, 2015

Women's Retreat 2015


After the Kangaroo Farm field trip, I quickly dropped the kids off at Grandma and Grandpa's and headed out with some friends to our church's Women's Retreat. This was the first "away" retreat I was able to go to in years!


We stopped in Bellingham for dinner. It was beautiful and we wanted to find somewhere outside to eat. We walked street to street without any luck, then all of a sudden we turned the corner and ahhh.... there it was! Cute little restaurant with lots of outdoor seating!


The three of us stayed in a room together at the Cedar Springs Christian Camp in Sumas.


The grounds are stunningly beautiful at the camp - and even the food was delicious!


This year, they didn't have a "speaker" at retreat. Instead, 3 ladies shared their testimonies and stories of what God has done in their lives. In some ways, it was a lot more powerful than a regular speaker!


Saturday afternoon, a bunch of us went for a walks on the trails around camp. 


This was such a great retreat. Short and sweet!

I honestly didn't come home with an "ah-ha" moment or anything radically life changing, but it was SO good to sit and talk in-depth to different ladies all throughout the weekend. There are so many women that have life experience and wisdom way beyond me, I just wanted to soak it all up!

No comments: