Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Outback Kangaroo Farm


James' class took a field trip to the Kangaroo Farm a few weeks ago.


{Nate is not shy to join in with the class just like he belongs there!}


We saw lemurs. There was even a baby lemur riding on the back of an adult as it bounced all over the place!


We got to pet a 100 year old tortoise.


There were several peacocks roaming the farm.


The kids fed kangaroos and wallabies. (I forget which is which.)


We walked around the inside some of the kangaroo areas. This cute little joey was such a little charmer. He was our favorite part of the farm!


The older kangaroos were not quite as cute as the joey. Ekk.  :-/


We fed goats.


And donkeys - this guy's teeth were HUGE.


Then we walked to the ostrich area. These were such large birds in real life. It was amazing!


Next, we went to see the llamas. 


The 2 llamas we were with were huge (that seems to be a theme here). It was very weird to stand right next to an animal that large. None of the kids were phased by its size though. 



The owner of the farm showed people how to kiss the llamas by holding a pellet in your mouth. 


Mrs. Benjamin helped Nate kiss the llama.
{I couldn't leave out any of these pictures. They make me laugh!}











James didn't want to hold the baby kangaroo, but Nate and Bethy did. It was SOO cute!



After the farm, we stopped for our first slurpies of the summer!


(But Nate did NOT want his picture taken. Probably still getting that llama taste out of his mouth!)

1 comment:

Keri Ronk said...

Oh! I am so jealous! I've always wanted to take the girls there!! I LOVE the Llama/Nate kissing pictures!!