Friday, January 17, 2014

{Winter Catch-Up} Christmas Tree & Decorating


The morning we get our Christmas tree, we always stop for coffee and doughnuts at one of our favorite bakeries in Snohomish. This year, Daddy OK'd cupcakes for breakfast. Everyone walking by our table at the Bakery commented on the cupcakes. It was hilarious... and messy.





We were short on time, so we went to a new tree farm closer to our house. The boys had fun looking at the reindeer, pulling wagons around, and looking for trees, but we left empty-handed. 




Later in the week we just went to a road-side tree stand and picked up a great tree for pretty inexpensive. I know this is random, but I think it was the best smelling tree we've ever gotten! 


The boys really enjoyed decorating the tree. It definitely wasn't an even distribution of ornaments, but I really don't care!



Nate's turn to put the star on top.


This was the best picture I got of post-decorating. Don't they look excited.  ;-)


Last year I got Christmas lights on the house for the first time ever. This year, John did even more lights and it looked even better! I LOVE THEM.


It was a beautiful evening for the first round of lights...



It took a few days to finish the lights. Watching John climb on the roof as I was driving home was quite a surprise!


This is the only picture I have of the lights finished. Oops!


At some point in December, the boys opened their Christmas PJ's.


Nate was having a really whiny night. I should have known better and just put him to bed.


I really wanted to get the perfect "PJ's next to the Christmas tree" picture, but that definitely didn't happen. Instead, I got a collection of blurry pictures of grumpy kids... and a lot of funny memories to go with them!












No comments: