James is the question-master these days.
I'm sure Nate would be too, but James takes up all the talking time.
I wrote down a few of the things we talked about in a 45 minute car ride yesterday.
"Which path are we taking?" This one. "Why not the other one? Because we will get lost? Why don't we want to get lost? Because there will be monsters? Why don't we want to get lost?" What do you think? "Because we will get hungry? Because we don't have any food? No worries! We can buy some from Fred Meyer."
Nate: "Yeah, and I say, 'oh my gosh' before I go into Fred Meyer. That's what I do." {Ummmmm........}
"My toes hurt." Should we buy you new running shoes pretty soon? "Yeah...... and I want shoes with lights on the bottom so I can see in the dark like Jesus."
"Are we driving a long ways away? Will it make me go potty?"
"UH-OH! PASKETTI-O!" (Not sure if I have said that before, but it was totally random.)
"I really like swimming. I swim with my goggles on. Can God swim?"
{Sometimes, I like to have a little fun with my answers to his questions. He's going to ask follow-up questions no matter what I say... Just don't judge me for my answers!}
So, I went on to explain a little of the Trinity - God probably can swim, but he is everywhere anyway. Jesus can swim because he has a body like us. The Holy Spirit lives inside us if we love Jesus.... before I could finish, James started laughing and said, "That's ridiculous! Mom, you're kidding me!".
{I guess we'll finish up that conversation another day!}
"Mom, why does Kenley love me?" Because she's your cousin and you love each other. "Kenley says that she screams a lot."
"Are we going to Craftivity Camp anymore? The one at Auntie Keri's house? Can we go to Craftivity Camp tomorrow?" No buddy, Craftivity Camp is over because we get to start pre-school soon. "Oh, is it because we made too many pictures?"
"What's under the truck?" The pavement. "No, but what's under OUR truck?" The drive train. {Mind blown.} "What color is it?" I think they're usually black. " (gasp) There's a black train under our truck?!!"
Nate: "No! No! It's an orange train!"
"I want to go to Grandma 3's house. Did you know, Mom, that Grandma 3 has something I very love?" Oh really, what do you love? "Have you seen it before? Oh, wait.... YES YOU HAVE!! Grandma Three has the LEGO BOAT!!!"
No comments:
Post a Comment