Thursday, February 28, 2013

Baby-Meeting Eve Thoughts


Eek, I just realized that in just about 12 hours we'll have a new little outside baby in our family. There are a million things swirling in my head, but I'm trying my darndest to not think about anything. At all. It's not working......

Surgery will go fine, baby will be fine, recovery will be fine, and nursing will be fine.

God put Baby Bethy in our family and she'll fit in perfectly. Raising a girl may be different than boys, but I don't think we'll need to worry about parenting decisions at the hospital.

I will sleep through the night again. I will have a normal body again. I will be able to wrestle with the boys again. I will be able to walk without a hilariously awkward limp again.

I don't remember what to do with a newborn at all - I'm pretty sure they sleep and eat all day. I hope that's it!

I don't remember what a c-section recovery is like. I know that I like surgery, but my post-baby memory has blocked it all out. (Oh, except for the sharp pain of James' c-section with not enough anesthesia. Won't forget that one...)

I'm SO curious to see who Bethy looks like and how much hair she has. How much does she weigh and will she fit in newborn clothes?

I'm also feeling very blessed. Three healthy pregnancies with three healthy babies. God is good and I can fully trust him with the details of tomorrow... No matter how in knots my stomach is!



1 comment:

Keri Ronk said...

I was sitting here folding laundry thinking about how Beth has no idea what she is in for tomorrow!

I can't wait to meet her!