Tuesday, February 12, 2013

17 Days To Go



 Everyone keeps asking if I'm ready for Baby Girl to get here....

If I think about it (I try not to), I'm ready to be done being pregnant - This is the stage where everything is uncomfortable and awkward. I'm also really excited to meet this little girl and see who she looks like and how she fits in our family. 

My view - when I'm not knocking the boys over with the belly!

The boys are excited to love on baby sister and I know they're going to be great helpers. These guys have been so helpful and understanding in my "enlarged" state. There is nothing sweeter right now than little voices offering to pick up something I just dropped or spilled because "The baby in your belly is SO big". 

Playing outside this afternoon.

On the other hand, this is Baby Bethy's bedroom as of this afternoon:




If I think about this room too much, I start stressing about it... But then I get tired and go lay down.  ;-)

All the newborn clothes are ready and hanging up. The 3 month clothes are waiting for the bottom closet rod and shelf then they'll be ready. I have a "little sister" going home outfit and a cute new hospital blanket and hat to take with us. This weekend we should have time to get a lot more done, but I've definitely given up hope of having the room done before her arrival!

I can vaguely make out the head and arm on the bottom picture. I'm lost on the other one!

Last Friday I had an ultrasound and the doctor said the little lady was measuring about 6 1/4 lbs. Phew! 9.7 lb Natester was measuring around 7 1/2 lbs at that point. I'm hoping this means she'll be well under 9 lbs. The doctor also said she looked like she had a lot of hair already. Another sigh of relief. I thought it would be funny if my first bald baby was the girl!

I've been having a lot more fake-contractions than in my previous pregnancies. Like, a couple every hour unless I'm being still. It kind of freaks me out that I might be early, but I've never been early - and did you see that room? I need every bit of these 17 days!

I think that's about all for baby updates - we're taking it easy and enjoying the last few days of the boy life we know!



2 comments:

Keri Ronk said...

I will totally come over and help you paint!

Carol Blanchet said...

I am so excited for you and your new little PINK blessing to come! Praying the delivery and recovery go smoothly for you.
:-)
Don't worry - the room will all come together and it will be darling!