Tuesday, November 13, 2012

New Toys for the Boys


Remember this picture from a couple months ago? 


Well, surprise!

When my husband - whom I love and adore - gets an idea in his mind, he doesn't stop until it happens. That means at age 2 & 3, James and Nate have their first dirt bikes!  (Insert subtle eye roll here.  ;-)


In the last week, John got some great deals on the exact same bikes. The boys were shocked - and love riding, looking at, "working on", being pushed on their new bikes.



The past few months, John and I have really looked at our hobbies and activities and narrowed down what we want to do and who we want to be as a family. Dirt bikes and the camper fit in that plan (along with cabin rentals and time shares for yours truly!), so I guess we might as well start 'em early with the bikes.



We've already had at least 3 "accidents" on the bikes as they just sit in the garage. The boys are learning not to climb up on the non-kick-stand side.  ;-)



We're thinking this spring/summer James will be ready to drive himself (with training wheels and safety gear). John will probably have to ride with Nate - but if you ask me, I don't think he'll mind AT ALL!





No comments: