Poor Nate....
Last Wednesday, we drove down to Portland with John to pick up something off Craigslist. A 7 hour trip turned into 11 hours. Ugh. It was good practice for camping road trips this summer though. For example: the boys sitting together is great entertainment while they're awake. NOT great when they are over-stimulated and need to sleep!
There was a lot of this:
Very little of this:
Thursday was spent entirely outside. I mostly did yard work whilst corralling kids and pup.
During their nap, I was able to revive the destitute play set in the back yard. Whoever played with it last had moved all the swings, taken slides off, and sent a flock of birds to defecate on it (lovely, I know!)... it was a mess! But, we now have 3 working swings and 2 working slides and James totally digs it!
When did these kids grow up?
Friday, we did MOPS, walked with Keri and Kenley, and spent more time playing outside with Hugo.
Saturday morning, John left for his annual "man camping" trip. This year they totally wimped out and got a cabin... on a lake.... with plush bedding and gorgeous views. Wimps. (Maybe I'm just jealous!)
Anyway, while he was gone, my parents took the boys all day Saturday so I spent 4 hours... shopping! Uninterrupted. It was super! Sunday, we did church then hung out at a friend's house whose husband is also wimpy-man-camping.

Oh! I think I also taught myself how to prune roses yesterday. There are 6 rose bushes here, and the poor things haven't been touched in at least 2 years. I'm so bad! Anyway, after hacking away and one last week (and probably destroying it), I did a little research and I think I got it right this time. And get this, I think I'm actually starting to like gardening. (*Gasp*). It must be that whole getting older thing.
This was our "on the way to church" picture for John yesterday.
1 comment:
Lets go to the park again this week! Or walking! Or both!
Post a Comment