Monday, October 15, 2012

James' 3rd Birthday - The Cake


I'm going back a ways here, but let's be honest... naps are still my priority every time.

John has a thing about homemade birthday cakes for the family. Every year I beg him to let me buy birthday cakes and every year he begs me to make them. He wins, so I at least deck them out as cheesy as possible. Not all traditions need to be works of art!

This year the boys helped me make the cakes. And by make, I mean dump Pillsbury in the bowl and watch the magic happen.



And lick the batter.


Nate didn't quite get the hang of licking the individual beaters. He preferred sticking the entire thing in his mouth and drooling half of the batter down his shirt.


And the fabulous results... Yellow Cake with Chocolate Frosting - per John's request.


... And Chocolate Cake with White Frosting.


Beauties, eh?

No comments: