Super exciting, last week we found out Baby #3 is a girl!
In one of the first ultrasound shots, John and I both definitely saw boy parts, so when it came time to check it out for real, we were shocked to see it was actually a girl. I'm sure the technician knows exactly what she's doing, but I didn't believe her until the second check at the end of the appointment!
![]() |
| Creepy-Little-Thumb-Sucker... Who is beautiful in EVERY way! ;-) |
I have to admit, it took me a good 36 hours to get over the shock of having a girl. I prayed for a girl, I asked other people to pray for a girl, I was hoping for a girl, but when it came down to it, a girl adds a totally different vibe to the crazy-Carruthers-testosterone-driven family!
That first night, I was awake most of the night (all of my rational conversations with myself happen in the middle of the night). I was freaking out about choosing a name - we've never considered girl names. I thought I needed to have her entire room decorated and organized in my mind. And I was trying to figure out how I would parent a girl differently than a boy and everything crazy that goes along with that. Eek! Completely rational thoughts at 3:30am, I know.
![]() |
| We've decided she already has Nate's belly. |


No comments:
Post a Comment