October 24th was a big night for the Carruthers family. We officially joined as members at our new church, Northview Community!
Earlier this summer (through a long, prayerful process) we decided our family needed to find a new church home. John found Northview online and after a couple months of attending and getting involved, we decided to make it official!
I have jumped into their Thursday morning Woman's Bible study - studying the Tabernacle with Beth Moore's series (and I *adore* Beth Moore now!). I also got involved with MOPS that meets at the church every other week. John and I are going to a Sunday night "family" study and an adult Sunday school in the morning.
It has been a true growing process to find our first church as a couple. I've realized how legalistic I really was/am and we are having to search God's Word for ourselves to find the difference between principles that cannot be budged and methods that are flexible and preferential. I have been stretched in meeting a whole new group of people and have really gotten more of a global perspective of the Church as a whole.
All in all, this was a huge and very tough decision, especially for me, but God has really used this change to grow me and my relationship with Him, John, the boys, and others in the church and community.
No comments:
Post a Comment