Friday, June 4, 2010

Poor Hugo

.

Poor Hugo. If you haven't heard the story....

Wednesday, I took him in for a routine puppy bath at Petsmart. I got a call about an hour later from the manager saying they had an incident with Hugo (Great, he bit someone's face or something). Nope, when they let him out of the cage for the bath, he got his foot stuck in the grate, twisted his whole body around, and ended up on his back.

Longer story shorter - he got some x-rays and they found he broke his toe! Today he got a splint and cast put on and can I just say that it is probably the funniest thing I have ever seen! He hobbles around banging this loud cast on the wood floors. Then gets frustrated and tired on the way to where he is going and lays down in the middle of the floor, exhausted! Imagine having your leg "casted" up to your thigh without any crutches to walk around with. It's pretty great!

He has a cast for 3 weeks (which the vet has warned me will need to be redone due to chewing, water, etc... at least a few times), needs to be on very low activity for 4 weeks (yeah right!), and hopefully he'll be back to his lovely, charming self soon!

Until then, at least I can hear wherever he's walking - THUMP thump THUMP thump THUMP THUMP thump - and then some sort of loud crashing noise as he lays down on the floor!




.

No comments: