Thursday, October 16, 2014

Bible and Bugs

Nate is a little more of a spacey and active kid. And I love him that way.

He's also very focused - on what he wants to be focused on. So, I'm not always sure that he's listening or really catches what I'm trying to say.


Last week, right before bed, the boys were afraid of something - maybe it was the dark, I don't remember. I told them the story of Joshua and Caleb and how God sent 12 spies into the Promised Land. 10 of the spies focused on the big, huge giants and how scared they were. But, Joshua and Caleb focused on God and God's promise to fight the giants for them and give them the land. Etc....

This week, we were doing some yard work and Nate came over and started telling me HIS story about 2 potato bugs who were really afraid of the big, huge spiders. "But don't worry Mom, they trust God! They aren't afraid. God will save them from the big, scary spiders because God is the strongest of them all!"

I love the way Nate's mind works.

No comments: