Thursday, March 11, 2010

First Eats

Here I go... hopefully some more updates coming!

I'll start with food... and I use the term "food" loosely! James started eating cereal about a month ago! These are the pictures from the first feeding, but he's (I'VE) gotten much cleaner as we both learn how to do the whole eating thing!

We also got clearance from the doctor to start fruits anytime, but I need to actually read my "super baby food" book then buy and make the fruit before he can actually do the eating!



2 comments:

Keri Ronk said...

why can he start fruits but not vegetables? I haven't heard that before.... Maybe that is Kenley's weight problem because I have only given her vegetables and bananas??

Amy said...

That's exactly what I asked his doctor. I've heard that you should always do veggies before fruits because once they taste good fruit, they won't want to eat the veggies.

He said at this point, it's about getting them to try different tastes so you might as well start with good ones. He also said it's no different than adults not wanting to eat veggies and it's all in the training of what you make them eat in the long run.

So...??? I'm still not totally sure, but I'm going to start that book and see what IT says!